Thursday, February 26, 2015

Letter to my 5 year old

Dear Luke,

We celebrated your fifth birthday and you had such a fun time!  We had your party at the 1st Nazarene Church play land.  It's a big area with tubes and slides and you and your friends had a great time playing for almost two hours straight!  You got lots of Transformers and your birthday was Transformers theme.  You liked to tell people it was a grown-up transformers party because we couldn't find any Rescue Bot transformer party things.  On your actual birthday you decided you wanted to eat at iHop.  M, Pa and Grandma came, too.  You loved all the attention.

On the morning of your birthday you woke up and told me you were ready for Kindergarten.  You were pretty disappointed when I explained that you had to wait for the new school year to start.

You are so incredibly smart.  You're learning to sound out words.  You know your address, my phone number, everyone's first and last names, you know how to add and match and draw and all sorts of things!  You love school and your teacher in your pre-K program, Mrs. Amanda, says that you always know the answers.  We are all seriously impressed with how much you know.

You love playing games.  For Christmas you got a Zingo! game that you love playing with me and Owen.  You love playing Disney Twister and matching games.  You also love Tic Tac Toe and puzzles.  Every time you win, you say 'Wow!  I'm lucky!'.  I love it.  You love wrestling with your dad.  It amazes me at how rough you and Owen are with your dad, but he loves it.  He jumps on the trampoline with you and bounces you all over.  You laugh and laugh and ask to do it over and over.  You have such fun in whatever it is you're doing.

We take you and Owen to the library every Tuesday night.  They have bedtime stories with cookies and milk afterwards.  The librarian always reads the funniest books and you love it.  Reading books is one of your favorite things.  Before we go to the library we go eat at Chik fil A or iHop.  You and Owen love it.  On Wednesday nights you go to gymnastics.  I pick you up from school, but before I come get you I stop and pick up a Sprite and tater tots from Sonic.  You also love gymnastics.  You bounce from spot to spot, love jumping in the foam pit and whatever else they do to work with you.  We thought about putting you in t-ball, but there was a chance it would interfere with gymnastics and you just love it too much to risk missing it.

You're going to be a big brother again!  You are adamant that the baby is a girl.  Whenever we mention boy names you say, 'It's a not boy!  He's a girl!'  If this baby turns out to be a boy I know you'll be very disappointed.  But I know that you'll be a terrific big brother to this baby, just like you are with Owen.

Your favorite colors are now red and green.  You recently changed your mind from blue and orange.  Also, you recently told me that your favorite days are Christmas and beach days.  I have to say, I agree.

We moved a few months ago and it's taken a while for you to really adjust.  The first little bit you were scared to sleep in your new room.  This house is bigger than where we did live and it took a little time for you to get accustomed to your new room.  You had an even harder time adjusting to our new church.  I felt so bad dropping you off in Primary with tears streaming down your cheeks.  I know it was hard, it was hard on me.  We both sat outside on the steps one Sunday and cried together.  But now we're adjusting and you're getting used to church it's becoming a lot easier.

I love to see how you grow each day.  You just have the best personality and love to play.  You make friends easily and are really becoming independent.  I can't believe you are already FIVE!

We love you…to infinity and beyond.
Mom and Dad

No comments: