Thursday, April 10, 2014

Letter to Baby

Dear Mister Man,

Owie, you are 20 months old.  Just 4 short months away from being two!  I can't believe that we're reaching the terrible twos this quickly!

You crack me up daily.  You stick your lip out, fold your arms and turn away from us when you're mad.  You open your mouth up real wide and let out the funniest laughs when you're torturing poor Baxter or Luke.  You just have the best expressions lately and I can't get enough!

But I'll tell you what I do have enough of, and that's you waking up in the middle of the night or when we put you down for bed.  Seriously, it's been going on for two weeks now and I'm so over it.  I sure hope you don't have an ear infection, but we'll go to the ENT in a week or two and find out for sure, but I think it's just some sort of habit you've gotten yourself into.  Wanna stop?  It'd make our lives so much more enjoyable.  Thanks :)

You're talking so much more than you were last month, and that probably has a lot to do with having your pacifier out more often.  You can say 'fish' 'please' 'mama' 'dada' 'dog' 'quack quack' 'bubba' 'bubble' 'amen' and I'm sure there's more I'm missing, but that's a huge improvement over last month! :)

You have had your first haircut.  We finally broke down and cut off your baby mullet, it was getting long enough to put in a ponytail so it was definitely time.  You did really well and you look so handsome and big boy instead of a little baby.  But I guess you have to get ready for summer, and so off went the mullet.

You love going to the park down the road from the house and you are great about climbing up the stairs and going down the slide now.  Last month I could barely get you to go down the slide.  This month you're doing it all by yourself!  And you love the swings.  You just lean your head back and laugh.  It's the cutest thing.  Really, seriously cute.

We love you little mister man,
mom and dad

No comments: