Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Letter to Womb

Dear Baby,

You are growing so big and strong within my tummy and I love feeling your hiccups, punches and kicks.  I just wish I felt them more during the day than all night.  A mommy's got to sleep, ya hear?  Right now you are 24 weeks along and about the size of a grapefruit.

I'm pretty sure we've decided on a name, but as you will soon find out, things are always subject to change.  I think Luke likes the name because he can say it.  He thinks it's funny when I ask him where you are, but he points to my belly and gives you a kiss.  I hope that you two are best buddies!

We had our echocardiogram done last week and the cardiologist and her team were amazing.  They really were great about putting us at ease, and they were sweet even when you decided you were done and rolled over to make them really work for their images.  After an hour of ultrasound scanning, it was determined that you were definitely ornry, but perfect in every way.  They could not find any sign of a hole, no sign of a defect anywhere.  It was an answer to our prayers!

We love you already, little one.
Mom and Dad

No comments: