Thursday, March 22, 2012

19 weeks and counting

A couple of weekends ago, we packed Luke up and drove to Dallas to spend a little family weekend shopping and playing.  We were so lucky to be able to take my parents car and Luke was such a good car rider because of it!  It has a DVD player in the back and he just chilled in the back and watched TV.  I think we watched Toy Story 3 times!  We had a great time and spent some time at IKEA getting some things for the house, but we also made sure we did things Luke would love, too.

We went to the Dallas World Aquarium and it.was.packed.  Apparantly it was Spring Break and there was a really long line to get in, and then you were shoulder to shoulder with people once you did get in.  While we were packed in like sardines, somebody mentioned that the Exit stairs would lead downstairs to the aquarium, and you could bypass the rainforest part of the exhibit, so we bolted.  We knew Luke would much rather look at fish then have to fight to see anything else.

Luke was thrilled with seeing all the fish!


Ohhh!  Look!


And we saw a sloth!  It started at the bottom and took several minutes to climb to the top.
It definitely needed a manicure :)


And on another note, we are 19 weeks along in incubating this little boy.  We have our 20 week ultrasound next week and I can't wait to hear his heart beat and see his little body.  thebump.com says he's the size of a mango this week!  He still doesn't have a name, but we have a couple we like, just nothing set in stone.  I asked Luke this morning what we should name the baby, and today's response was 'ackorn'  (popcorn).  It's been train, elmo and ernie, so I guess he can't make a decision about it either :)  We started working on the baby's room and Chris installed new shelving and drawers in his closet so we could maximize the space in it - it turned out great!  I bought the crib bedding on clearance at Target and we've picked out paint colors.  Now I just need to get rid of some furniture to get the room painted and the room put together.

Other than that, not much has been going on.  I'm starting potty training with Luke tomorrow, so I'm excited and nervous about that.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it goes well and I have lots of fun things planned with Luke as prizes for 'going' in the potty. 

Wish us luck!