Tuesday, October 11, 2011

bad tuesday

The fit Luke threw this morning as we were getting ready to leave the house this morning should have been the first indicator that this day was going to suck.  The second clue should've been the dead deer in the middle of Cantrell. 

I dropped my car off at the Hyundai dealership here in H.S. for an oil change this morning.  When they asked if I had an appointment, I told them no, it just needed an oil change and wasn't aware I needed a appointment for that.  They were snotty about it, but I told them I just needed it done by about 3 this afternoon, so they took my keys and my dad came to pick me up.  He brought me over to the office and dropped me off so he could go to the grocery store and when I set my stuff down to call Chris about my car, I realized I had lost my phone.  Thankfully, my dad found it in his truck and all was right with the world again.

Then I had a patient that decided she was done with the hearing eval and wanted to know 'what us girls were doing out here'.  Ummm...I'm supervising a student and I.WAS.TEACHING.  And BTW, we're not done until I come and get you.

And so all morning I've been stewing about my dang car so I decided to call the dealership to see if and when it would be ready.  They still haven't worked on it because they have only 1 technician in today.  Lemme ask you, if you have a day full of appointments, why do you only have 1 technician??  They also said it would be late this afternoon until they could get to it, if at all.  So I told them I'd just come pick it up and wouldn't bring it back. 

And that's where we stand.  I've gotten my car back that still needs an oil change, a headache that makes me want to scrape at the side of my skull with a spoon and 2 more patients on the books.  And then I'm outta here.

Surely this day cannot get worse.

1 comment:

elle dee photography said...

sometimes i think we should just be able to crawl back in bed...