Monday, February 14, 2011

Letter to Husband

I'm sitting here thinking about how I haven't gotten a single gift or card for my husband for the second Valentine's Day in a row.  Last year, my excuse was that I was exhausted from having a baby surgically removed a month early and was trying to keep him fed and alive while maintaining some sort of sanity.  This year, though, my only excuse is the snow.  That's right.  I'm blaming it on mother nature.

But in light of my excuses, I want you to know how much I truly cherish our friendship, our companionship, our love for one another.  When everything else seems to be falling apart at the seams (like the other day when we literally ripped luke's curtains apart), I know that you always have my back, and I'll always have yours.  I know that when I need you to step in and rock luke to sleep (like you're doing right now), you'll do it.  I love how you help in every house hold chore known to man.  You cook, you give luke baths, you clean the tubs, the dishes, and walk the dog.  And you seem to always do it with a smile.

I love our date nights and how the topic always turns to Luke.  I love that you let me pick out the yogurt at yogurt mountain and let me put what toppings i like on it and that you leave them for me.  I love how you pick the tomatoes off my salad after i specifically asked the waiter to leave them off.  I love how you listen to me rant and rave and have a good cry, especially when you've got things on your mind, too.
But mostly, I love you.  Even if you do end your sentences in 'at'.

our first wedding anniversary, chicago

 celebrating upcoming graduation with AOC

 visiting Duke University with the grand tour provided by Bauer


 anniversary photo shoot, compliments of Beaty Photography

conference.  Denver, Colorado

U of A after Evan and Erin's wedding

Pappadeaux's...with Arthur in the background

Big Cedar Lodge approximately one month before we found out we were preggo

impromptu photo shoot, again, compliments of Beaty Photography


Red Rock Amphitheater, outside Denver, Colorado

And then we had a baby:
It's a boy!

On the ferry heading to Galveston, TX

Luke's 1st halloween at the pumpkin patch

Home with Luke, newborn photos

6 months old.  

I can't believe we've come this far.  7 years of marriage, 5 moves, 1 baby.  I love you.

Happy Valentines Day

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this. I love good men who love their girls! We gotta hang onto them ;)

Love you guys! Happy heart day!

Clare said...

right back at ya! hope you got rid of the kleenex in time for v-day :)