Monday, September 20, 2010

Vacation

Last week, Chris and I took Luke to Texas.  One day I was browsing the money blogs I frequent and one had posted that Southwest Airlines was celebrating their 39th year in business by offering $39 flights (one way, a certain distance, and within a certain time period).  I jumped on that offer and since Luke flies free, we were able to make a quick getaway to see friends.  We had a wonderful time and Luke had so many firsts!

Luke's first airplane ride!  
We had an extra seat to ourselves, so we propped him up and put his toys around him.
He slept during take off and he drank a bottle on the way down going and vice versa coming.  
He didn't fuss a bit!
The flight attendants just oohed and awwed over him :)

Luke got to meet our 'Texas family'.

That's me, Gretchen and Kourtney with Luke, Kamryn, Kane and Jayden.  We had gone to dinner the night before, but I forgot to take pictures!

We also had lunch with my dear friends, Shannon and Joni as well as Shannon that used to supervise me!  I also forgot to take pictures...shame on me!!  But here's a picture of Joni, me, and Shannon from a year ago.  We missed you, Lindsay!


Luke's first fairy ride over to Galveston.

We saw dolphins, too!



Luke's first time to put his toes in the ocean!
Ok, so it's the Gulf of Mexico, but give me a break!



We stopped by the Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center.


We had a wonderful trip, but were ready to get back home.  It's amazing how much stuff is required to travel with a child.  Thank goodness Southwest doesn't make you pay for your luggage!!  Luke was so great the entire trip, even though we were completely off his schedule.  We couldn't ask for a more well behaved child!  



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hate that i missed it :(